Thursday, June 18, 2020

Editing Evaluation

Final Editing Evaluation

Over the past year I have accumulated a deeper knowledge and understanding through the use of editing softwares such as premiere pro and iMovie which I have become a lot more fond of during the past year. 

I have also widened my knowledge in all aspects of editing and now understand a whole lot more which will impact my future and also helped me develop transferable skills.

At the start of the academic year we were given multiple challenges to create short films up to 2-3 minutes with a 4 hour time limit, in the 4 hours essentially as a group / on our own (some we're mixed) we were told to plan, film and edit a short film. You can see these on one of my blogposts labelled 4 hour film challenges with evaluations of each one critically. these challenges really helped get to know the editing software we would be using and was a great building block for me certainly and i'm sure for the whole group too as I had never really editing or filmed much before so getting to know all of the little elements that help to produce film really excited me. These film challenges we're very useful for me and our teachers we're great with explaining and helping along the course too.
We definitely played around with a lot of different techniques as you can see from my previous tagged blog posts all the different films we created together. Some I found a lot harder than others but all helped me to create different forms of video.
Also the topics we were given to produce our short films on also especially helped us to familiarise ourselves with the genre and that particular element of film.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Editing Evaluation

Final Editing Evaluation Over the past year I have accumulated a deeper knowledge and understanding through the use of editing softwares...