Saturday, November 16, 2019

New Wave Film Plan

New Wave Film - Disconnected 

My New Wave film will be based upon the themes of contemporary relationships in todays society and how they almost all certainly come to an end and to show how we have now recently been cursed with the vast use of the internet and the difference that.



 My friend constructed this poem from her mind about a boy who she was once engaged with to show that there are in fact differences in societies now and that feelings are more spoken about and it is more normalised to talk about them.

These were her feelings and she managed to capture them in a poem so the base of my short new wave film will be on this poem and my individual interpretation of it.

Using handheld camera making it obvious to heighten reality and a different variety of shots to show difference and diversity within society.

My aim is to have someone speak this as the voiceover, preferably a male as i'd like the protagonist to be male. Also to show that even though it was written by a woman, that it wont conform to the general stereotype of males not having feelings etc which we are broadly shown in society today.


Possibly film in black and white I would like it to be in winter and possibly raining to project a pathetic fallacy type interpretation.
A basic use of shots, and long takes with many deep meanings.

The song youth - daughter gently playing in the background





PLAN FOR FILM AND VOICEOVER

First scene.




I used to hope bitterly that

you would let me stay for a while in your mind,

if my favourite song came on.

I wanted you to realise that

even though it was over

it was real;

-rewind of cup/plate getting broken smashed 
-boy walking then stopping slow motion looks at his phone
-close up of him getting the phone out and the song playing
-favourite song starts playing dead in the water/antichrist
-background music fades out, the song starts playing.










I don't want to think of you,

Flicking through weathered photo albums,

Stopping for a second in frustration

Tapping my face

As if that could summon my name

back into your memory


-standing in kegs or a shopping centre train station
a time lapse for 15/20 minutes of boy standing there
-a fast forward arrow overlay?
flicking through an album/phone
-a sound to bring back to reality 
-fade to black
-slow motion tapping my face in a photo
-head in hands slow breakdown











I used to try bury all thoughts of you -

then i felt guilty when the thoughts rarely came,

thoughts of something that was so perfect.

until it wasn't.


-girl and boy sat on park bench camera on tripod girl there and then she's not, distortion type view editing girl there and then not 
-slow motion of paper being thrown into a bin then time lapse of the bin becoming full.











there was a time when i controlled the weather for you -

your pupils would dilate just from looking at me.

-cloud montage scene of weather changing time lapse.
-girls pupils dilating.
-slow motion boy feeling his hair











Even though we've grown so far apart,

and bumping into you would only mean an awkward exchange of hello's and perhaps,

seeing someone next to you that suits you better than I ever could have done,


-bumping into each other, camera switches to both perspectives
-walking away showing both perspectives, both look behind.
-girl standing next to a boy laughing.
-pull focus of boy looking up and seeing the girl walk past or stood at bus top














there was a time when the conversations that we had

both on our backs, contemplating the world around us as one

were more important to you than anything.


-both sat on the floor on their backs on grass looking up, their view upwards and the cloud montage again.
-boy looks to the girl girl looks back. 
-disappears..








No matter how much I try,

I will never forget the feelings,

But for now .. I will adapt.

I will grow.

I will move on.


-driving in a car time lapse
-time lapse of growing mine craft
-speaking to other girl on phone and smiling.



Storyboard







No comments:

Post a Comment

Editing Evaluation

Final Editing Evaluation Over the past year I have accumulated a deeper knowledge and understanding through the use of editing softwares...